‘Walk with me’ is a new work in progress by kioskxiaomaibu & homeshop, linking a route in Cologne with a route in Beijing and invites your comments and suggestions.
This project shares with previous ones (kioskxiaomaibu 2010 & Through the Looking Glass 2011) the objective of providing a platform for the exchange of local knowledge: a knowledge that thanks to modern technology can now be compared, discussed and reflected on by locals in the street across geographical distances.
A sequence of open discussions around a number of associated questions are set up in 2012, beginning with
1) Open lunch at Betahaus,Cologne: 14th June, 12.30 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGlqS3hlbm4yQm54QVE2WDJsdjRJamc6MA
2) Sustaining Regional Futures, Global Conference organized by RSA, UK and Peking University of Sciences at Beijing Convention Centre, 23rd-25th July 2012 (supported by Goethe Institute)
TOPIC: How can we value and engage with the life of a locality?
- What practices exist to make visible and validate local knowledge?
- Is there a new space for reflection and exchange that employs imaginative and cross cultural methodologies?
- Can we compare ‘a Western mode of thinking in models’ (Francois Jullien) to an embodied and tactile mode of knowing?
- How does the experience of site made by my socially constituted body compare to the experience of site made by a body accustomed to another social environment?
Petra Johnson, artist (www.kioskxiaomaibu.org)
‘Landscape has undreamed potential for public spaces of infinite variety’